Friday 16 December 2011

0907803 - Gravestones


There were two types of gravestones I created for the Graveyard next to the guildhall. They were both the traditional gravestones of a Cross and an arched plaque. The cross is made from two simply planes with only 1 face on each. As you can guess I simply crossed the smaller one over the larger at an appropriate height then attached them together and applied a stone texture with a bump. The second grave stone was created out of one single plane with 5 vertices along its length.  Then using the soft select tool I moved the middle two vertices up, this arced the others into a nice curve. Then I simply added the same stone texture as before and it was done.  As I knew that both of these where going to be replicated several times each I kept them both flat, rather than extruding them in order to keep the overall number of polygons as far down as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment