Friday 16 December 2011

0907803 - Creating the roof

The roof was quite complicated. Each side of it is created out of a single plane but with both planes being 4 segments in length and   5 segments in width. This was so I had enough vertices to try and match the bumpy and lopsided flow of the guildhall roof. I lined up the architectural drawings of both side view and front view of the guildhall with these planes so I had a guide line and reference point with which to follow.  I also extruded both of these planes to create a long thin box. Then I began to move the individual vertices to correspond with the appropriate architectural drawing until the roof was in the necessary shape. I then added a roof tile texture onto the planes and then attached and welded them together in order to create one object.  I also created the chimney for the guildhall in this section. The chimney itself was created out of three separate boxes with chamfer edges applied then attached together. I did keep the roof and the chimney separate objects because they not only needed different textures but chimney would be needed to be replicated at a later date.  I did not apply a texture to the chimney at this time as we were unsure what finish it would have when there renovations where complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment